Every day on U.S. roads, approximately 115 Americans die in auto accidents—that's one fatality every 13 minutes. Millions more suffer serious, sometimes permanent, injury or disability. Given the dependency on automobiles the chance that you will be involved in a car crash at least once in your life is substantial.
Your Experienced Encinitas, California, Car Accident Attorneys
At O'Mara & Padilla, Attorneys at Law, we fight for your right to the full and fair financial damages you are entitled to after a car accident in the San Diego metropolitan area.
Backed by years of experience, our lawyers know the legal issues that result in a successful negotiated settlement, or a winning verdict in the event your case goes to trial.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries or death in an accident or wreck, please call O'Mara & Padilla at 858-480-6182 right away for a free case evaluation.
Some Of The Most Common Causes Of Car Accidents
Driver negligence is the number one cause of auto accidents and may include:
- Drunk driving
- Failure to signal turn
- Illegal passing or lane changes
- Reckless driving, speeding
- Texting and driving, other distractions behind the wheel
- Driving too slow for the posted speed
- Failure to obey traffic signs and signals
- Vehicle system defect, brake or steering failure
- Vehicle lights not operating properly or left unused
- Construction zone accidents
Vehicle Manufacturer's Defects
Other common causes of auto accidents may involve manufacturer's defects, malfunctioning traffic signals or other road defects. Depending on the various factors surrounding the accident, an automobile manufacturer, a driver, a government entity or other party may be held responsible for the damages incurred. Please note that determining liability in an auto collision case is complex and may require the services of an experienced car crash lawyer. A knowledgeable San Diego car accident lawyer can review your case at no charge and answer any questions you may have regarding liability laws.
In addition to car accident injury and wrongful death claims, we represent drivers and passengers injured in all types of motor vehicle accidents, including:
- Accidents involving uninsured motorists
- 18-wheeler semitruck accidents
- Commercial delivery van accidents
- Construction truck accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Boat, ATV and recreational vehicle accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Taxi, bus, train and trolley accidents
- Accidents and injuries incurred during a Lyft or Uber ride
Call Us For A Free Consultation · Contingency Fees
Call our offices in Encinitas at 858-480-6182 or contact us by email to arrange a free consultation with one of our lawyers before you talk to the insurance company.